Saturday, March 13, 2010

Update... it's been a little over a week since my surgery and feeling pretty good. I am up and walking and have even left the house. Still not driving, will tackle that next week. It just feels good to relax and catch up on some really good movies.

I also wanted to post info about a sight I found called Abbyloopers.org. This site/group was put together for women who are looking for support and information about the transabdominal cerclage. I think I found my calling....becoming an advocate for other women with IC. This group of women provide amazing support. The stories told are heartbreaking. I ask myself why so many women had to experience multiple losses before a doctor would even consider performing a TAC...but each case and doctor is different. I feel much compassion for other women like me and would do anything to help. A woman should not have to experience multiple losses if there is a procedure that can offer a ninety-five percent chance of carrying to term. Now that is something to be hopeful about!

If there are women out there who have experienced a loss due to IC and have any questions regarding the TAC please feel free to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment