Monday, April 5, 2010

Change

As I am downloading and listening to music from iTunes I became inspired to write a little in my blog. So much has been on my mind but I haven't made time to express it. Wow, I can't believe its April. It will be 5 weeks since my surgery and I feel great. I am heading back to work on Monday. It was much needed time for healing and reflection. I’ve had a chance to meet some wonderful women who've shared their personal stories...from heartbreak to miracles. I’ve learned we all have a story. One that inspires and touches the heart. But most importantly a story that makes a greater impact on our lives. That impact brings change, a good change, if you choose it to be.


My personal story has brought me inspiration to change. I've watch myself grow in ways I never knew I could. I'd always let fear get in the way. I believe that fear equals failure. Many of us will not change because we are afraid of failing. I 'm here to tell you that sometimes you don't have a choice, fear could smack you in the face at any given moment when you least expect it and you have no choice but to change...will it be good or bad? It's your decision. I made that choice when I lost my son. I could sit in fear for the rest of my life but I knew that is not me. Instead I embraced the fear of change and turned it into something meaningful to myself and others.

Change is good and I need that as part of my healing process…I think we all do at some point in our lives. If you don’t change how do you learn more about yourself and become a better person? For those of you who are planners like me, remember your plan can take a detour at any given moment....mine did. What's next? Well...My change has inspired me to start all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juls...first off, I miss you and I'm glad you're coming back to work on Friday, but I'm also glad you've had such a positive time off! I'm starting my change today-2 months until vacation and starting TTC so I'm back on Weight Watchers and using a personal trainer to lose weight and tone up. I realized I need some power behind my workouts! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete